The Centre collaborates with well known all over the world research institutions and firms.
It has taken part in certain research projects, some of which under EU - and NATO - programs.
The Centre is a member of international and national professional organizations, such as
- International Towing Tank Conference ( ITTC )
- Advisory Council
- Seakeeping Committee
- Manoeuvring Committee
- European Council on Marine Applied Research (ECMAR )
- WATERBORNE - The European Technology Platform
- International Maritime Association of Mediterranean (IMAM)
- Mediterranean and Black Sea Technology Platform for Maritime and Marine Research Innovation and Training (PTMB)
- NATO NG6 SG61 Group on Virtual Ships
- NATO panel AVT-161 "Assessment of Stability and Control Prediction Methods for NATO Air & Sea Vehicles"
- Bulgarian National Committee on Theoretical and Applied Mechanics
- Union of the Scientists in Bulgaria
- Territorial Organization of the Scientific - Technical Unions - Varna
The Centre keeps close contacts with all Bulgarian universities and scientific organizations, as well as with Bulgarian firms, working in the field of the marine engineering.